Apache Trail with Dolly Steamboat Ride, Tortilla Flats, Superstitious Mountain Museum and Goldfield Ghost Town One-Day Tour
The Apache Trail is one of the most scenic places near the Phoenix area. The Apache Trail offers incredible views of canyons, geologic formations, desert plants and trees, desert and lake views, as well as wildflowers at certain times of the year!
And what a great way for you and your family and friends to experience the beautiful Apache route seeing the Superstitious Mountain and taking a steamboat ride aboard the infamous “Dolly Steamboat”! You will have many opportunities to take memorable pictures as we will also stop at two of Arizona’s legendary towns — Tortilla flat and Goldfield Ghost Town. The Dolly Steamboat ride will give you great stories to share with your family and friends for a long time to come.
- Superstitious Mountain Museum – The Superstition Mountain Museum collects, preserves and displays the artifacts, history and folklore of the Superstition Mountains and the surrounding region. This area was once inhabited some 9,000 years ago by: the Salado, Hohokam and Apache Indians, followed by Spanish explorers and Mexican Gold Miners.
- Goldfield Ghost Town -Walk down Main Street and explore the many shops and historic buildings in this historic Gold Mine. Goldfield was a boomtown in the first decade of the 20th century due to the discovery of gold — between 1903 and 1940, Goldfield’s mines produced more than $86 million. Much of the town was destroyed by a fire in 1924, although several buildings survived and remain today, notably the Goldfield Hotel, the Consolidated Mines Building (the communications center of the town until 1963), and the schoolhouse.
- Dolly Steamboat Ride (a 90-minute narrated Tour) - Since 1925, the Dolly Steamboat cruises the Canyon Lake which is nestled in the heart of the Superstition Mountains. During this cruise you may see desert bighorn sheep, bald eagles and many other animals viewed from the decks of the boat.
- Tortilla Flats - An authentic remnant of an Old Ghost Town! This “stage stop” from the early 1900′s is now a wonderful place to visit with it’s very own restaurant, saloon, and gift shop. When you sit at the bar, you’ll be sitting in some authentic horse saddles. Money currency from all over the world covers the wall of the restaurant.
Times and Prices:
- Pick-up 730 to 830 a.m. (Pick up points in Phoenix and surrounding areas)
- Return to Late Afternoon/Early Evening
- Adults – $95, Children – $75
- Includes lunch, bottled water and fees to the Superstitious Museum
- Price of Cruise Ship is NOT included
We would love to help you to create this perfect memory for you! Contact us NOW to book your tour!